Lasik eye surgery is a popular eye surgery that is currently performed on a number of patients, as this particular surgery can correct various vision problems. After surgery, people no longer need to wear contact lenses or prescription glasses. This is one of the benefits of laser eye surgery; however, most people do not realize that there are various risks and side effects of laser eye surgery.
Since Lasik eye surgery is popular, most patients who have undergone such surgery in the past were happy with the results, meaning they have benefited from the surgery. The benefits of this operation include:
- Improved vision, so patients are very happy that they no longer need to wear contact lenses or glasses.
- Patients take advantage of their newly captured vision by exploring and trying new careers that they could not have done before due to the limitations of their previous vision.
- Also, people who have had this surgery can play sports and other exciting activities when vision was previously a problem due to the glasses or contact lenses they needed to wear to properly play the game.
- Lasik eye surgery is a safe and effective treatment, and this is demonstrated by the number of people who have undergone this surgery, as well as by their reviews and positive results.
- Some studies show that 93% of patients after surgery enjoy 20/40 vision or even a better ratio, leaving patients with the joy of not having to wear contact lenses or glasses.
- The global statistics of satisfied and satisfied patients with Lasik are an impressive 95%.
If you want to get statistics of the clinic in which you plan to undergo the operation, you can consult the clinic staff or the attending physician. It is recommended that you do this to find out if the clinic you have chosen is reliable. It would also be best to talk to some of your doctor’s past patients so that you have more resources and thus can determine whether you need to find another optometrist or not.
Although the percentage of patients who have conflicts with this operation is very small, risks and complications still exist and arise. The risks and side effects of laser eye surgery include:
- Eye infections
- Dry eyes
- Loss of clarity of vision.
- Wrong astigmatism.
- Sensitivity to light
- Blurred vision.
- Difficulty seeing at night.
- Blind or halo vision.
- Discomfort or pain in the eye, such as an itchy sensation.
- Pink or red spots on the white of the eye.
Despite these risks and side effects, they are actually rare at kraff eye institute chicago. But if this happens to you, they can be easily cured with medications and other treatments.